Founded in 1970, The Master’s School is an independent, college-preparatory, non-
denominational Christian day school enrolling children in preschool through grade 13.
The school is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges and is
a member of the Association of Christian Schools International.
The Master’s School is located on a beautiful 76-acre, ten-building campus in West Simsbury, Connecticut. It serves families from 40 towns throughout Connecticut and
southwestern Massachusetts. The city of Hartford, within a 12-mile commuting distance, provides the economic and metropolitan center for the Farmington Valley where the school is located.
· 76-acre campus
· Ten main buildings
· Full gymnasium and athletic fields
· Library maintains 9,000 volumes and is fully networked (as are all buildings and levels of the school) and subscribes to numerous electronic databases for students and faculty
The Student Body
· Total student population averages around 280 students
· Diverse in both academic and socio-economic backgrounds with over 30% of our population being minority or exchange students
· Emphasis on small classes (11 average)
Faculty and Staff
· 39 teachers with an average of over 15 years’ experience
· All teachers have undergraduate degrees and 44% hold a master’s degree or Ph.D.
· AP courses (6): Biology, Calculus AB, Chemistry, English Literature and Composition, US History
· Students take at least six courses per term
· UConn ECE courses offered in Art, History, and English
· 1:1 Technology Program:
· Students in grades 7-12 are assigned a Windows-based convertible laptop/tablet for use at home and in the classroom
· Teachers of grades 7-12 have identical devices Colleges
· 100% of students in the class of 2017 enrolled in different 4-year colleges and universities
· Individualized college counseling program
· Visual arts
· Choral classes
· Digital journalism
· Starting in early kindergarten, students perform in choral concerts
· The drama department produces a quality performance in the spring
· Over 65% of all Upper School students are involved in athletics. New England, Connecticut, and Tournament Championships have been won in basketball, baseball, softball, soccer, downhill skiing and volleyball.
· Open participation policy for all students grades 6-12 in the following sports:
· Ultimate Frisbee
Niche Review: https://www.niche.com/k12/the-masters-school-west-simsbury-ct/
Caleb Lagan – International Student Coordinator
36 Westledge Road West Simsbury, CT 06092
Phone: 860 651 9361 ext. 5008