Kingswood Oxford School (KO) is a co-educational college preparatory day school for motivated students in grades 6-12 interested in challenging themselves to reach their full potential. The school is located in vibrant West Hartford, which was voted in 2016 by Money magazine as the 15th “Best Place to Live” in the United States. We welcome international students applying for our Upper School, grades 9-12.
KO’s Core Values are the cornerstone to student learning, empowerment, ownership and self-discovery. By calling on students to integrate these guiding principles into their daily lives and practice, KO’s educators help students adapt to an ever-changing world and to harness the power and opportunity that this change presents. KO members embrace and internalize the following Core Values of our community.
- Demonstrate honesty, integrity and respect
- Learn with passion and perseverance
- Embrace intellectual curiosity
- Care beyond self
- Takes personal responsibility
- Work hard, take risks, become involved
- Warren Baird English Symposium – Each year, all students and faculty read selected works from a notable author who visits KO in the spring. Students engage with the visiting author in formal and informal settings, sparking conversations about reading, writing, and poetry.
- Team Tobati – Since 1999, students can travel to Tobati, Paraguay during spring break to work on dozens of projects that strengthen the medical and educational infrastructure in the region as part of our 15-year relationship with the town of Tobati and the KO-founded Macchi School.
- Global Online Academy (GOA) – As part of an international consortium of schools, KO’s membership in GOA affords students the opportunity to take online classes of interest like Medical Problem Solving, Social Psychology, Filmmaking, Entrepreneurship in a Global Context, Introduction to Investments, and many more.
- Leadership Center – Provides a space for students to develop their leadership skills in various formats, including workshops, Lunch and Leads, Wyverns Helping Wyverns, VQV classes, career shadowing opportunities, internships, and more.
By the Numbers
- 513 Total Enrolled Students in Grades 6-12
- 18 (3.5%) International Students on F1 Visas in Grades 9-12
- 62 Towns Represented
- 75 Teaching Faculty
- 63% with Advanced Degrees
- 29% Students of Color
- 197 Courses Offered
- 25+ Courses Offered through the Global Online Academy
- 17 AP Courses Offered
- 68 Athletic Teams
- 24 Varsity Teams
- 6000+ Alumni Worldwide
- 10 Years in a Row Voted Best Private School in Hartford Magazine
- 5 Minute Walking Distance to Blue Back Square (Movie Theater, Whole Foods Grocery Store, Cheesecake Factory Restaurant, Barnes & Noble Bookstore, New York Sports Club, Delamar Hotel, and more)
- 15 Students from the Class of 2018 were Inducted into Cum Laude Society (A National Society Honoring Scholastic Achievement)
Email Address: email@example.com
Direct Line to Admissions: 860-727-5000
Physical Address: 170 Kingswood Road, West Hartford, CT 06119
Main Website: https://www.kingswoodoxford.org/