Middlesex Community College is a member of the Connecticut State Colleges and University system, incorporated in 1966 and located on a scenic 38 acre campus in Middletown CT, with a satellite campus in nearby Meriden, Conn.
Serving approximately 3,000 students each year, the College offers more than 50 degree and certificate programs that can lead to an associate degree, as well as a full range of continuing education and non-credit certificate programs.
Many students enroll in MxCC right out of high school to explore educational and career opportunities or take beginning courses designed for transfer to a four-year program leading to a bachelor’s degree. Other students come to MxCC as an affordable way to start a second career, build the skills necessary for advancement, or pursue personal goals and improve the quality of their lives.
MxCC offers highly competitive and cutting -edge programs in health and life sciences, broadcast communications and other new media, human services, criminal justice, general studies, fine arts, computer engineering, manufacturing, and so much more. Some degree and certificate programs include national exams, certifications or other credentials to give students a competitive edge in the workplace. Many of the College programs include internships that build resumes and can lead to full-time employment. The College also has a vigorous honors program along with several national honor societies on campus.
MxCC’s strengths include its experienced and dedicated professors, small class sizes, use of cutting-edge technology, flexible class schedules, online learning opportunities, robust tutoring and student support services, and an accessible and helpful staff. Students regularly receive guidance from experienced counselors and advisors who help them define and achieve career and educational goals – including support through the transfer process to a four-year college or university.
The College promotes a welcoming environment and has an active campus life with many leadership and involvement opportunities for students. The Student Activities Office coordinates a wide variety of social, cultural, recreational, leadership and special activities to enrich the lives of students outside of the academic classroom while building a strong campus community. The College also encourages involvement in student-run clubs and organizations that range from athletics to economics to creative writing. Through these services and programs, students can meet other students, faculty and staff, explore personal and career-related interests, and have fun!
To best serve its community, MxCC offers:
- Various programs (such as the Early College Academy and the High School Partnership Program) through which select students at local public high schools can enroll at MxCC and earn college credit.
- Early admission for outstanding high school and homeschool students who demonstrate sufficient academic ability and maturity.
- A state-of-the art Center for New Media that prepares students for careers and/or advancement in the field of broadcast journalism as well as graphic and audio communication.
- Selective admission programs in the competitive fields of radiologic technology and veterinary technology.
- Internship opportunities available in many fields of study, such as criminal justice, health information management, human services and ophthalmic design and dispensing.
- Designation as a “Military Friendly” campus that welcomes veterans and offers extensive academic and support services through its OASIS Program and Other initiatives.
- A robust online distance learning program that includes both credit and non-credit programs that operate throughout the year.
- A full continuum of continuing education courses focused on both career advancement and lifelong learning, open to everyone from school-age students to seniors
- A 50 Encore Completion program that makes it easy for students over age 50 to obtain the cutting-edge skills and credentials required to compete for jobs in the health care, education, and social services fields.
For more information about Middlesex Community College, visit www.mxcc.edu
To apply for admission to the College, visit http://mxcc.edu/future-students